In less than a week, extended family will be parking on your sofas and recliners, utilizing your facilities, and bringing dishes and platters from infinity and beyond. Here are a few pointers to help you prepare for your families’ arrival and feast.
1. Forget the space that Tupperware takes up in the fridge. After your festive holiday meals, grab gallon sized and quart sized zip lock baggies instead. This saves space in the fridge and eliminates additional clean up once all the scrumptious left overs are gone.
2. Ahead of time, set out the pretty platters you want to use to display your gourmet cuisines on. Use clear saran wrap to cover the dish to make for an easy clean up.
3. Prepare the guest bathroom. First, gather all personal items from the bathroom. In place leave fluffy clean towels, wash cloths, and hand towels. Stock up on toilet paper, a new tube of tooth paste and even some new spare tooth brushes. A new bottle of body wash goes further than a bar of soap and 2 in 1 shampoo saves your out of town guests from having to run to the local drug store last minute.
4. Kid proof your home. Put all valuables up for safe keeping and designate a room or area in your home as a play area for kids and all of their toys.
5. The Sniff Test. Did you know you can’t discern the true scent of your own home because you are used to it? That makes it tricky to know how your house really smells. But here are our best tips for making sure your house smells GOOD:
*Wash everyone’s bedding. Give animals a bath. Take out the trash and clean litter boxes and animal cages. Again, those things stink even if YOU cannot smell them. Grab your favorite room deodorizer and light a candle! Of course the aroma of your favorite desserts will also be filling the air. Clean your kitchen and bathrooms thoroughly, using great smelling cleaning supplies. Vacuum carpets and dust furniture — dirt stinks! Of course you can always just call Maids and Moore and we can help create some time in your busy schedule. Call us today to reserve your spot at 1-844-GOT-DUST.