Maids and Moore Customer Policies and Guidelines
Thank you for using Maids and Moore for your cleaning service. Please read over our policies and guidelines. We like to give all of our customer expectations up front and keep guidelines in place in order to deliver professional and dependable service. Please let us know if you have any questions or conflicts. Once again, thank you for using Maids and Moore, “Google’s #1 rated cleaning service”.
Cancellation Policy/Schedule Changes (Fees May Apply)
Submit cancellations/schedule changes at Request Schedule Change or reply to your reminder email.
Although a 7-day notice is appreciated, to avoid fees we require notice of at least 2 BUSINESS DAYS prior to the original service date.
- If cancellations/schedule changes are made 1 BUSINESS DAY prior to cleaning a $50.00 fee will apply.
- If cancellations/schedule changes are made the DAY OF the cleaning 50% of your cleaning fee will apply. If you cancel on the same DAY, we will not have time to fill your spot, which directly affects our employees’ income/retention.
FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND WEEKEND CHANGES: Please note that if you submit cancellations/schedule changes on a Friday for a Monday the $50 fee will apply due to our offices being closed over the weekend. If you submit cancellations/schedule changes after hours on Friday or over the weekend for a cleaning on Monday, the same day 50% cancellation fee will apply.
Reminders are sent via email and text message, but customers have the capability to opt out of one or the other. Please contact your office to do so.
- Initial reminders are sent 3 business days prior to cleaning. Arrival times are not specified.
- Final reminders are sent 1 business day prior to cleaning with a 1 hour arrival window.
Please note that we DO NOT give EXACT TIMES. We will schedule your cleanings based upon your arrival time preference on file. Please understand that we are cleaning homes prior to yours and times can fluctuate depending on the condition of the home or unforeseen circumstances out of our control. We use the 3 hour window as a scheduling parameter, however we cannot guarantee arrival between those exact hours.
Time preferences which you choose at your time of booking are listed below:
- 1st arrival – 8:30am to 11:30am
- 2nd arrival – 10:30am to 1:30pm
- 3rd arrival – 11:30am to 2:30pm
- Flex arrival – 8:30 to 2:30pm
Our prices are non-negotiable after the time of booking. Payment for our services are due upon receipt and no credit accounts are available.
Only Debit or Credit Cards are accepted forms of payment. Payment will be processed immediately after cleaning is complete. The card on file will be charged for any cancellation/reschedule fees that apply.
Tipping is never required, but it is a lovely way to tell your cleaners that you think they did a great job. If you would like to tip, we suggest a range of 10% to 20% of the price of the cleaning. You can add this amount to your credit card either as a one-time or a recurring charge. Maids and Moore will provide customers a convenient clickable link via email/text after each cleaning. If you would prefer to give cash, we ask that you put it in a labeled envelope or otherwise clearly label it to make sure the cleaning team knows it is for them.
100% Quality Satisfaction Guarantee Policy
Maids and Moore guarantee the quality of our work. Quality issues must be reported within 48 hours of the cleaning. If the job is not done according to what you were quoted, we will return and correct the problem at no additional charge. Please do not correct the issue before speaking with a Maids and Moore management team member. We have to be given the opportunity to see the quality issues and reclean or remedy them. Discounts and credits are not given.
We are Bonded and Insured and do take responsibility for any breakage or damages that are caused by direct negligence or fault of our employees. Our employees are rewarded for honesty and asked to report all breakage immediately which we then relay to the customer.
Our employees do their best to protect your home and possessions, but we know that sometimes things get broken despite precautions. Accordingly, we have worked hard to develop a clear and fair policy to cover accidental breakage.
- Breakage must be reported within 3 days of the incident. Please save the broken item for our inspection. We will review every incident of breakage on a case-by-case basis.
- When the value is verifiable and breakage is clearly due to negligence on the part of a Maids and Moore employee, we will reimburse the cost of any broken item up to $100.00 per item. Item values over $25 must be verified before replacement or reimbursement will be authorized.
- When appropriate, we will pay to have the broken item repaired by a professional company instead of reimbursing the cost of the item. Do not repair the item on your own with the expectation of being reimbursed without our approval prior. We must be given the opportunity to get our own estimate for repair.
- We cannot accept responsibility for breakage due to objects that are inherently unstable or delicate, or inappropriately placed, such as top-heavy items with inadequate bases, improperly hung pictures, or wobbly objects. Such situations are regarded as accidents-in-waiting and may occur no matter how carefully our cleaning employees are working.
- In addition, we have noticed that the materials used in many window blinds can become brittle over time and may break while cleaning, or even while opening or closing them. Therefore we cannot accept any responsibility for damages to older blinds. If this is a risk you cannot accept, please let our office know which areas we should avoid and we will add it to your file.
- Please move fragile, unstable, or expensive items to a location we do not clean, or ask us to skip that area completely if you do not wish to accept the risk of accidental damage.
Communications With The Office Vs. Cleaners
- It is very important for customers to communicate with the office for any instructions on your home. We must document your notes and instructions in our software system so that we can ENSURE your request is fulfilled.
- Direct communication from customer to the cleaners leaves out important details that we may need to know for billing purposes, in case of routine maid absence, or to avoid miscommunication.
- We do not discriminate, and we cannot guarantee that our employees will speak your native language. We ask that you communicate any requests to our office so that we can translate them to the cleaning team accordingly.
Supplies and Equipment
We provide all cleaning supplies and equipment, but if you would like for us to use yours, we can. However, we are not liable for any damages that your supplies may cause to areas applied or damages to actual equipment. Our supplies are proven and tested, and more importantly, our employees are trained on how to use the supplies that Maids and Moore provides. If your equipment or supplies require additional time to use, we may have to adjust your pricing.
Cleaning Area Restrictions
Due to liability purposes, we are limited on the height in which we can clean. Our employees carry step stools and extendable dusters. Generally speaking, we can only clean up to what we can reach on our step stools. Normally no outside cleaning, AC living space only unless approved during your booking. We do offer some add on services that include porches, garages, etc.
Our scheduling is done off of a route based system calculated by the geographic location of your home. We go to great efforts to keep the same teams with the same routes, however we can not guarantee that you will always have the same team.
Quotes For One-Time Services And Initial Deep Cleans
Set rate pricing on one-time cleanings are based on square footage only. The price you receive upon booking will be what you are charged. There are some rare cases of homes that are EXTREME DIRTY. In these cases, Maids and Moore reserves the right to call the customer before the cleaning begins and adjust the quote accordingly. At that time the customer and Maids and Moore reserve the right to decline or accept the new agreement.
To ensure we receive your feedback we will be sending out an email/text once your cleaning is complete. Please use this email/text as a tool to communicate any notes, issues, or compliments. This is just a tool, you may always call your manager right away. The email/text will also include a link to post an online review. A review is one of the best compliments you could give our company and is much appreciated.
If the dishwasher is empty we will rinse and load the dishes. If the dishwasher has dishes inside, we will hand wash and air dry the remaining dishes next to the sink. This will prevent any misplaced dishes or mixing of clean and dirty dishes. If you have an excessive amount of dishes (over 15 minutes) extra time may occur to handle these items and fees will be adjusted on a case-by-case basis.
Skip Service Policy
If you are a routine customer and call to reschedule for any reason, your next cleaning will reflect the appropriate frequency quoted. For example, if you are bi-weekly but skip a cleaning the next time we clean, your monthly rate will apply. This is necessary to allow the team sufficient time due to the extra dust and dirt build up in the house.
Our routine service rates are discounted based on the fact that we are cleaning often and very little dirt has time to accumulate in your home. If for any reason your service is paused for longer than 6 weeks, we can no longer honor the discounted routine rate and you will be directed back to sales to schedule a one time deep clean and then we may resume routine services. If you are a monthly customer we encourage you to not skip, but reschedule no later than two weeks out or you could be subject to another deep clean. (Note: if you cannot reschedule in time due to Maids and Moore availability this will be handled on a case by case basis)
For the safety of your pet and our employees, we ask that you contain your animals in a restricted area while we are cleaning. Although we are VERY careful, we cannot prevent or be held responsible for any disappearances of your pets. We have had pet attacks or bites in the past, and it is our duty to protect all Maids and Moore employees from this happening. If the customer is not home and animals are loose, we cannot force our employees to enter if they do not feel safe. If you have a pet please let us know at the time of booking so we can be aware of their presence.
Solicitation Of Maids And Moore Employees
At Maids and Moore, we are proud of our wonderful employees and we put a lot of time, money, and effort into recruiting, hiring, and training only the best people. Please note that our employment contract prohibits employees from accepting private work for Maids and Moore clients unless Maids and Moore is aware and approves. Please do not solicit our employees for side jobs or direct hire outside of this agreement.
Maids and Moore reserves the right to increase prices at any time.
That’s all it takes to receive our offer.